History

 
 

Palmer Products Corporation was founded in 1911 by Lawrence B. Palmer-Ball Sr. in Chicago, Illinois. Initially the company manufactured friction materials for everything from cars and trucks to construction and mining equipment.

The business continued to grow and in 1929 Mr. Palmer-Ball built the Louisville, KY plant. It was here the product line was expanded to include roofing products and adhesives. In 1933 Palmer Mirro-Mastic® was born.

As the demand for structural glass and mirror adhesives increased, Palmer began to concentrate more on their adhesives line. Under the leadership of Lawrence B. Palmer-Ball Sr.’s son, S.W. Palmer- Ball, the Chicago plant was consolidated to Louisville and Palmer Mirro-Mastic became the standard in the industry for mirror adhesives. In 1993 Palmer introduced QwikSet Mirro-Mastic to complement their product line.

Today Palmer continues manufacturing friction materials and its line of mirror adhesives at the Louisville, KY plant. Palmer Products Corporation is still owned and operated by the Palmer-Ball family.